Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Comfort food

Sometimes, there's nothing in the world better than some simple comfort food. That is usually synonymous with warm and cheesy if you are a mouse like me. Today I had 10 parent conferences...by the end, I'm not even sure what I was saying so I am really glad I had prepared good notes for myself! I dragged myself home around 5:45 and wanted some comfort food right quick so I thought back to my childhood favorites, and settled on the tuna melt. In order to make a tuna melt just right, you must season the tuna just so (my favorites are celery salt and onion powder and a little chopped up celery), toast the bread alone once, and then re-toast it with the tuna and American cheese. It's pretty rare that I have gluten-free bread on hand since I don't eat it often enough to encourage myself to bake it, but a friend gave me some on Sunday so I was excited to get to use it. As I took the first bite my insides sighed "Ahh", and for a few moments all was right with the world once more...I am finishing my night curled up with a good book, decaf chai, and a blanket.  He provides such sweet rest for the weary...

No comments:

Post a Comment