Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Simple Soup

"I have a recipe for you, it's so easy, all you do is...", began  Amy (thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com )as I was preparing to leave to drive home on Saturday. So, I kept the recipe in my mind until I got home, and I never wrote it down. What's great about it though, is that it IS so easy, you don't have to write it down! But if you do want it written down, here it is:



1 Acorn Squash
1 can butter beans ( I couldn't find that so I used Great Northern beans)
garlic powder
1/2 onion (or onion powder)
1 cup milk ( I used plain almond milk)

I cut the acorn squash in half and scooped out the seeds and pulp. I put the 2 sides face down in a glass casserole dish with some water. Put it in the microwave for 12 minutes until the squash gets soft and you can scoop it right out of the shell. Scoop it into a pan, dump in the can of beans (liquid and all), put in some garlic powder and the onion, and milk and let it simmer on medium heat until onions are soft and flavors get more complex. I stirred it occasionally to check for burning. Then you blend the soup up ( I used my hand blender but I'm sure you can stick it in a regular blender too), and eat! Creamy, yummy, filling.

Thanks girl!

1 comment:

  1. you are so welcome! I am so glad you loved it! Yummy =)

    ReplyDelete