Sunday, February 20, 2011

What a treat!

I remember back in 2007 when I first discovered that I was gluten-intolerant several well meaning friends letting me know that PF Changs has a delicious gluten-free menu. Now, this didn't mean a whole lot to me at the time because I wasn't quite aware of just how many things have gluten in them. It took some strange, achy jointed 3 month long flulike symptoms in 2009 due to hidden gluten inside my favorite Chai to make me understand the power of that one little protein composite and it's ill effects on my system. Butternuts, an amazing local restaurant with interesting and varied home-grown gluten free options closed at the same time, leaving GF options at restaurants still available but limited, and often boring. I was beginning to think that complex flavored, delicious gluten free meals were only available at restaurants like wd-50 and Arrows and in my own kitchen.

Until...yesterday. :)

At the end of a long week, it was with a happy heart that I headed off to visit one of my favorite people in Boston. Amy and I braved the wind and cold and visited the Museum of Science. After our trip we went to the Mall next door and I saw a PF Changs. I remember Deanna and Michelle mentioning their gluten-free menu so I was interested to see if it was all they said it was. I wasn't disappointed. I ate Chang's Spicy Chicken and it was so good. I want to drive to another soon to see if that beef and broccoli is equally so. And I have heard quite a few good things about their lettuce wraps. So if anyone wants to take a little drive to a restaurant with 28 gluten-free options at a fairly reasonable price, I am so in!

No comments:

Post a Comment