Saturday, February 26, 2011

A hungry girl kind of day

I haven't had too many full nights of sleep this week. Between surgery, a sick animal, and a brain on high alert, there have been many late nights and not enough sleep. In spite of that, there have been some high points. Getting to spend time with friends, play Battlestar Gallactica and the Top Chef game, and discovering fun things on TV including Hungry Girl!

I found this show on On Demand while trying to make myself tired one night. It was all about pasta and pasta swaps with less calories and less fat. And I love myself some comfort food, and I certainly love it when it has a whole lot less calories and fat!

Hungry Girlfredo
Lunch was corn pasta with hungry girlfredo sauce. The pasta was 196 calories, and then the sauce was a combination of one wedge of light Laughing Cow swiss cheese, 1/4 cup fat free sour cream, and 2 tbls of reduced fat parmesan. Overall, the meal had 315 calories and 5 grams of fat. And it was surprisingly delicious.

Dinner was a pasta swap where the "pasta" was a 1/2 bag of broccoli coleslaw (found  in the produce section). You cook it up in a pan and then,  I added 1/4 of a can of Amy's GF tomato bisque. It was quite good actually. Soft enough, but still a little crisy. I think I might like it better than pasta (*gasp*). And-- the whole meal was 115 calories and 2 grams of fat. :)

I also went out today and bought myself one of the old school air popcorn poppers. I remember it being quite a useful thing in college and now I don't have to worry about getting it everywhere when I cook it on the stove or having to read all the microwave bags to figure out which ones have less preservatives.

I think I will be returning to Hungry girl quite soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment