Friday, June 17, 2011

More

When times are hard, often the verse that revolves around in my mind is my grace is sufficient for you. And it's true. It is always sufficient.

But lately, the verse that has been going round in my mind is this one: Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Chist Jesus tthroughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen ~ Ephesians 3:20

More abudantly than all that we ask or think



Today, was the last day of school for my second grade class. It wrapped up my first year at a new school, and my 5th year of second grade. And usually when the school year ends, I want to celebrate, for I have survived. This year, I sat at an assembly while the kids took turns sitting near to me, and I drove away after school and cried bittersweet tears because the best year of my teaching life was over but oh, was it ever so amazing!

A year where the children grew in empathy, in confidence, in courage, and I will miss their presence in my life Monday-Friday... and a year ago I thought maybe teaching wasn't for me anymore. And that couldn't be further from the truth today.

More


Two days ago, I sat in my best friend's house and dreamed of the future. I know that this Jesus following life should be radical and crazy, and this year my heart slowly came alive again. I believe we should serve where we are planted, even if it's for a season...and so I will continue to serve in Valley Church as long as God sees fit to have me here, and I pray for grace and passion to lead. But I am dreaming of and planning for a teaching missions trip overseas next summer, and praying about a potential move to a new place in the next few years. I have a few ideas in mind, but it's my goal to be a prayerful woman. One who asks, and more importantly, spends the time to hear the answer. So I expect that soon enough, more abundantly than all that we ask or think will be even more real.

More


Gluten free baked onion rings :)

Sin binds, it's strong. It wages war against our soul. And finding comfort in food has waged war on mine. After my surgery in February, I knew that even though I may be in pain, some of my pain is self inflicted by sin. It's ok to be a foodie (and I am one). I love fun recipes and dining out on interesting cuisine. I spent 3 months reading and praying and quite honestly wrestling with putting God first in my life. I realized that I have more fear than I had ever realized. I am afraid of so many things. Rejection. Loving. Being Vulnerable. But this life in Christ is meant to be more. Abundant. And so the last few months have been moving in faith. The first was getting my heart right with God. The second, an eating plan. So I joined Weight Watchers. Which is a good eating plan, but I needed to have the God piece first because without it, I'll fail. So it's been a month. And I have lost 13 pounds so far...praise God. But I add to my tracker every day "Time with God" because I know where the real power comes from. 

More



I have always been pretty self aware. But God recently showed me some pieces of myself that aren't that nice. I am a hold-on-er. I hold on to hurts and pains, and it makes you bitter. I missed my closest friends so much that my hurt turned to anger, and the anger turned into a threatening bitter root. But it was some well placed words on grace through both the amazing studies Becoming A Woman of Grace and The Book of James  that was the catalyst for some very strong weeding. And I feel free. Free to love my sweet friends. And free to be loved by my Savior. And I know where to go if it creeps back in.

More

I can't even imagine what this life will hold next...but I sure am excited to see :)

Peace & Grace,

Abbie Lynn

1 comment:

  1. thanks abbie. so good to hear your voice.

    double-double.

    ReplyDelete