Thursday, June 23, 2011

Summer Reading: Not Just for Kids

As a kid, I was the one who took 10 books out every week, and returned those 10 the following week for a new batch. I don't just read books, I devour them. So when I arrived at the library this morning and found this challenge, I was beyond excited!!

I think that you have to read a book from the library's collection and fill out a little review of the book online. Then, when you return the book to the library, they give you a raffle ticket to enter into one of the prizes they are giving away. If you read all 10, you'll have 10 entries. So, I have spent a good chunk of my afternoon checking out the online catalog for choices that aren't checked out  (and hoping they'll be there when I make it back tomorrow) or aren't books that I've already read.

Here are some thoughts & choices:

Challenge #1 Book turned into a movie
or

Challenge #3 Biography or Memoir
or

Challenge #5 A Love Story
maybe...

Challenge #7 A Local Author
or

Challenge #8 Fantasy/SciFi
maybe...

These are the only ones I've thought of so far. We'll see if the library has 'em when I want to read them. What do you think of these? Has anyone read them and can tell me to read it, or not to waste my time?

This is going to be fun. I can tell.



No comments:

Post a Comment