Saturday, July 2, 2011

Fresh Food

I have forgotten how much I love the farmer's market. It's the place I first discovered my love for snap peas and snow peas, and that vegetables were nothing short of amazing. Mmmm.

Chevy could totally make this a commercial. It just makes you think Homegrown.
Our treasures
This morning, my friend Wendi and I headed to the Amherst Farmer's Market. I, of course, was on the lookout for peas, but we managed to find some other treasures along the way. I discovered the garlic scapes and am looking forward to using them in combination with some creamer potatoes I had picked up earlier in the week at a farm stand. I think fresh veggies and flowers are just so pretty. Something about their colors and shapes makes me smile. We carried on our quest for fresh and colorful food as we headed into Hadley to Esselon Cafe. I was delighted to discover some gluten free pastry options including chocolate and lemon cupcakes that look strikingly similar to the ones at Cushman's Market, and a  different and yummy looking chocolate cookie. Most meals are made gluten-free upon request as well. My meal:

grilled chicken with roasted red peppers, lettuce, tomato, and housemade aioli
What a fresh start to a Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment