Thursday, December 30, 2010

Merry...Hannukah?

I have been thinking about latkes ever since we talked about Hannukah in school way back at the beginning of the month. Now, I have never eaten an official latke, but my mother can make a mean potato pancake and I have a sneaking suspicion they are veeery similar.

I have had some sweet potatoes hanging out in the house ready to be eaten so when my friend Kat said she could come for lunch today, I knew just what to make. This recipe called for some added shredded zuchinni, onion, Mrs. Dash, GF flour and egg substitute. I finally got the use the remainder of the fresh parsley my brother grew in his garden this summer! The recipe can be found here: http://www.recipe4living.com/recipe/sweet_potato_latkes_2.htm

They might look a little burnt in the picture but they didn't taste that way at all. Since the sweet potatoes make the pancakes a little extra sweet, I preferred them with the sour cream rather than the applesauce. It was a nice lunch with a sweet friend. Shout outs to Lauren too for my new serving dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment