Thursday, October 14, 2010

Familiar faces


With a new job about a month underway, and a struggle with migraines and mahem that defined September, it was so nice to see the familiar face of my old work girlfriend Kat last night. I was between paychecks so I was limited to whatever food I had in the fridge and the cabinet. Also, I didn't get home until about 45 minutes before my guest would arrive so that's how I came to this quick meal-in-a-pan plan. Due to all the chopping, I'm pretty sure I made my dog's night since he gets everything I drop on accident, and I'm not the neatest girl in the world. In the (hormone-free)turkey burger: chopped asparagus, shiitake mushrooms, red onion, and garlic sauteed in a little organic Smart Balance-- served with some shredded sharp cheddar on top, because, let's face it--cheddar makes everything better :). In the pan went some eggplant, baby potatoes, red onion, white mushroom, snap peas, carrots, and spinach with some olive oil and balsamic. I learned the lesson that potatoes should be cooked a bit ahead of time ( I used the microwave to cook them a bit when I realized they were taking forever and believe me when I say it wasn't fun picking them all out of the mix)...though they weren't my favorite part of the dish in the end anyway. Ah well. Live and learn. I was so excited to find my friend happy and smiling, and it was such a nice middle of the week break!

1 comment:

  1. You are making me hungry! This looks so yummy!! :D

    ReplyDelete