Saturday, October 30, 2010

What this life will hold

I listened today to my best college friend's voice on an album that is being released by another friend that belongs to her church, the sister church plant to the one I am a part of. I'm not sure what it was--or if it is that I am exceedingly melancholy today  but I thought back to less than ten years ago as we sat side by side and wondered what this life would hold. She had dreams to be a worship leader, and with a husband and 3 kids, she is a worship leader, it just looks a bit different from her dream back then. But we are still young, and listening to her voice today I was struck again with the question "What will this life hold?"  For me, I pray it will hold joy, laughter, travel, and someday tiny baby hands. Dreams take time. God's timing isn't our timing. But He is good. Always good. That I know for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment