Thursday, October 14, 2010

Hello blog world

Many years ago, on a college weekend retreat, I had a vision of what I hoped to be like as a young single woman. (Perhaps I knew then that this marriage thing might take some time for me!) I always envisioned that I'd live in a city, on the second floor, and up a spiral staircase where women would come for tea and comfort. I don't think it's a particularly odd vision, but I stopped recently and looked at my life. I do live in a city (albeit a small one right on the edge of suburbia), I do live on that second floor, and oddly enough there even is that spiral staircase. So that's what this blog is about...learning to come to the table and be that mission minded woman I longed to be, and the recipes, friends, tears, and laughter that happen along the way as I learn what it is to know I'm loved by Jesus and learning to love in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment