Thursday, October 21, 2010

That's Amore!

I was thinking back the other day to life before Trader Joe's arrived in Western MA. As I traveled the neatly arranged rows, searching well-known corners for my favorites, I knew life just got a tiny bit more sunshine when T.J. blew into town. I mean, where else can you take two staples like those on the left (which cost less than $5) and turn them into this:
Polenta Pizza Pie

All you need is one roll of polenta broken up and softened with a bit of water, mixed with a cup of that delicious vodka sauce, and some cheese and you have the basis for a gluten free favorite!

I added some spinach, mushrooms, and eggplant ( I cooked the mushrooms and eggplant in a little garlic first), and bake it for 20 minutes. The result...happy people!


Tabby
I spent a lovely Tuesday night with the people I like to refer to as "my girls". I in no way have ownership of them, but I have been meeting with them each for over a year to talk about life, love, and Jesus and they have a very special place in my heart. They will very often be the guests who eat my Tuesday night dinners. As much as I love Trader Joe's, I love these two so much more!
Val

No comments:

Post a Comment