Saturday, October 16, 2010

of witch's brew & worship


Today I woke up to the sound of wind chimes singing, the very loud snoring of my little animal, and the deep feeling of peace in my spirit. I needed to make a new batch of the tea that I use to help my endometriosis that my Mom refers to it as the "witch's brew" (if there's anyone out there who needs the recipe--I am happy to share) I really do feel like that as I make it--measuring out all the herbs and brewing them up. Today I took it to a new level and doubled the batch to last me a week, so with my pot looking a bit like a modern day cauldron I chuckled to myself as I began the process. While it brewed, I turned on my cd player--not something I often do, and listened to Rich Mullins sing his beautiful songs. That inspired me to unbury my djembe and play along. So with the last few heart-aching notes and the earthy smell of tea in the air, I am content. It was a new day today. A new day indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment